Calls from your “bank” or “credit card company”

This entry was 2844 times viewed.

Forums Forums Calls – Experiences Calls from your “bank” or “credit card company”

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Susann85 Susann85 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Susann85
    Susann85
    Keymaster

I have got a text with the letterhead of the Bank of America. It looks real!
    But they ask my to click for to give information regarding my account.
    That made me suspicious … and I´m sure that is a scam!

Did you ever got fake messages o calls from your bank???

avo@home
    avo@home
    Participant

Scam told me he was going to lower my interest rates on my credit cards (I have cards with 2 different banks) and then I gave him both card numbers and expiration dates.

After that he asked me if I was in a relationship and if I was happy I answered yes and then asked me if I was a virgin i said the questions were inappropriate and he hung up (I just turned 18 so I am aware of how naive it was to tell him my information)

MaiLo6
    MaiLo6
    Participant

There are so many scammers. Better be careful.
    I generally do not give any information from me on the phone and do not conclude any contracts by telephone.
    And I hope you have learned from your experience and that will not happen to you again.

Sarah91
    Sarah91
    Keymaster

Hello Susann85,
    some days ago y was called and they wanted to offer me an lower rate for my credit card. I told them, I don’t have a credit card, just wanted to know how they got my tel number. They just hang up!! I called the number back several times, but my calls never went through. I’m really sure that’s a scam!
    Greetings

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Sarah91 Sarah91.
    MaiLo6
    MaiLo6
    Participant

Hello all together,

I´ve got also calls from “Consumer Credit card services”. The guy said it was in regards to my visa and MasterCard and he sees I make ontime payments. I asked what bank he is from and he hung up on me.
    It was similar to Sarah91. Please beware!!

avo@home
    avo@home
    Participant

I was also called from someone … but it was a credit card scam. 🙁

noname
    noname
    Participant

This week I got a call, claiming to be part of the TD, CIBC and ScotiaBank. They were offering me a cheap interest rates on my existing VISA Card. So the first impression was, that is a serious call. But then I recognized, they only new my name but had not any idea about me. They were just looking to extract my information to scam me after that.
    So really be beware: DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, YOUR ADRESS, PHONE NUMBER, BANKACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARDS!!!!

Susann85
    Susann85
    Keymaster

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! 🙂
    If we speak about this maybe we can inform and warn other people …
    So if you have any experience please let us know!

sunnysky
    sunnysky
    Participant

I got a lot of callings. They are trying to get your credit card information.
    They use multiple phone numbers … they wont stop calling!

candiladi
    candiladi
    Participant

I received a call from a man saying I could get a grant to pay off my credit cards and one for my house. Both I didn’t have to pay back. Hate to admit it but the guy was really convencing.

Then I was in contact with so many different people. The one was a lady and every time I asked her a question she would hang up.

That is when I called all my credit card companies up to let them know I was scammed and had to change all my credit card’s.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.